Department Of Finance
FUNCTIONS OF FINANCE DEPARTMENT
- TO ACT AS A FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT ADVISORY DEPARTMENT TO COUNCIL.
- PREPARATION OF ALL FUNCTIONAL ACTIVITY BASED BUDGETS FOR THE COUNCIL.
- TO FORMULATE POLICY GUIDE LINES FOR EFFECTIVE AND EFFICIENT REVENUE MOBILIZATION AND COLLECTION STRATEGIES.
- TO ADVISE COUNCIL IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO SOUND INVESTMENT AVENUES.
- INSPECTION AND PROPER MAINTAINENACE OF VALUATION ROLL DATA BASE.
- TO ENSURE THAT PUBLIC FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT REGULATIONS ARE ADHERED TO.
- TO EFFECTIVE AND EFFICIENT MANAGEMENT OF ALL COMMERCIAL VENTURES OF THE COUNCIL.`
The Department is headed by a Director who is assisted by a Chief Accountant and other offic-ers who are in charge of the various sections. Each section is responsible for specific tasks.
This is headed by a Valuation Officer and the section is responsible for valuation of proper-ties such as land and buildings and other non-current assets in the municipality.
The section is headed by a Group Accountant and is responsible for the collection of types of revenue due to the council.
The section is headed by a Group Accountant and is responsible for making all payments such as salaries to employees, payments to suppliers of goods services and CDF projects.
The section is headed by a Group accountant and is responsible for preparation of payroll for council employees, maintenance of records for statutory obligations such ZRA-PAYE, NAPSA and other Employees deductions. The section is also responsible for calculation of terminal benefits for all council employees.
The section is headed by a Group Accountant and is responsible preparation of financial re-ports, annual budget estimates, and income and expenditure reports. It also monitors and gives guidance on proposed expenditures for all council Departments.